Learn from key executives in brand marketing, television, sports and technology how you can leverage the passionate global audience that esports delivers.
Here is a look at our recently concluded 2018 Summit
Sunday | September 30
Esports Charity Poker Game
Monday | October 1
Axe Throwing Excursion
Shuttles will depart Caesars from the entrance by the Colosseum (near the Planet Hollywood Restaurant, located between the Colosseum and the Forum Shops.)
Shuttles will depart Caesars at 9:30am from the entrance by the Colosseum (near the Planet Hollywood Restaurant, located between the Colosseum and the Forum Shops.)
Workshop: How To Produce An Esports Event
Taking a deep dive into the elements of an event, experts in the field will reveal:
- What type of event is right for your goals
- The equipment you need to play
- How to market your event to the gaming community
- Connecting with local sponsors for smart activation
- What you need to know about using a publisher’s IP
- Bringing in the influencers
- Keeping audiences entertained
Workshop: Esports 101: Everything You Need To Know To Get In The Game
The curriculum will include actionable takeaways on:
- The Big Picture: What’s driving esports’ popularity—stats, facts and opportunities
- The Leagues: What happens at an esports tournament and who plays the games
- The Publishers: Who creates the games and how do they engage with fans and players
- The Brands: How endemic and non-endemic brands are engaging with fans
- The Business: Who’s spending money where, and where the biggest opportunities lay?
- The Fans: Insights on who, exactly, is playing, watching and engaging in esports
- The Trends: What’s hot, what’s not—and where’s it all going in the coming years
- The Tech: From streaming to content to wiring an event, we unpack the technology
- The Lingo: The terms you need to know to do business (and sound smart) in this space
- The Learnings: Who’s doing esports best—and what can you learn from them
Workshop: Collegiate Esports: Transforming The University Landscape
Members of these organizations will congregate for a free-range discussion of collegiate esports ranging from potential Title IX issues to the possible participation of the NCAA, along with educational sessions from launching a team to working with sponsors. Don’t miss this national gathering as we break down everything you need to know about claiming your stake in what Forbes calls “the new college football.”
Workshop: Esports For Brand And Sports Marketers: How To Activate The World's Fastest-Growing Event Platform
We’ll get you up to speed on the unique nuances of the esports universe: what it is, who participates, which brands are involved and what you need to know to engage this massive (and growing) audience of esports fanatics—both online and in the real world. Go behind the scenes of the biggest tournaments. See the content strategies driving the hugely popular esports TV networks. Listen in to case studies on the brands that are activating, and learn how they’re engaging in an entirely new way to get the attention of an audience that’s literally inventing a new way to play and watch sports. Esports is growing faster than NASCAR and might just be the next NFL. Get the strategies and insights you need to play in this exciting space.
Keynote: From Zero to One Billion: Building the OMEN by HP Brand
Opening Night Reception
Sponsored by: Mosaic
Behind the Scenes & Backstage Tour of the Esports Arena Las Vegas
The 2018 Harvest Charity Tournament
Tuesday | October 2
Opening Keynote: Seeking Immortality: K-Swiss And The Esports Lifestyle
General Session - Executive Insights Panel
Creating a Killer Viewing Experience
Girl Gamers: Shifting the Meta
How Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Are Taking Esports to the Next Level
Join us to learn how to leverage this industry to boost your own play.
Panel: Esports for Non-Endemic Brands
Learn how to connect the dots between your brand’s key attributes and what esports fans want. Walk away with a checklist of dos and don’ts you can apply to your first foray into esports.
State of the Union: NBA 2K League
Lunch & General Session | Futurecast: What Will Drive The Next Wave of Global Competition
Career Growth in Esports
State of the Union: Overwatch League
The Art of the Tournament
The Safe Bet: The Future of Esports Gambling
With audiences being young, affluent and tech-friendly, what can the esports industry do to maximize this opportunity without compromising integrity, whether the bet is monetary or for skins?
We’ll hear from some of the biggest names in the business about the next steps to hit the payload in this sector.
Trendspotting: The Changing Esports Landscape and the Opportunity for your Brand
- See examples of how several brands have capitalized on these trends and are adapting in real time to build impactful programming.
- Hear from industry experts on what’s next for tournaments, leagues, sponsorships and fan engagement.
- Walk away with a trendspotter’s checklist of ideas to keep top of mind as you build your esports engagement and activation strategy.
AirAsia’s Lessons on Creating Internal and External Buy-In for Esports
Biggest Hits and Misses in Esports Activation
Deploying in Esports: How the US Army is Building a Competitive Gaming Brand on Twitch
*No federal endorsement implied.
Esports 24/7: Rise of the Arena
State of the Union: ELEAGUE
12 Ways to Activate Your Esports Sponsorship
- Get a comprehensive look at where the smartest activation opportunities lie, and where you can think creatively to carve out new ones.
- Learn when it makes sense to create your own esports event.
- Walk away inspired and educated on the kinds of activations that are making connections and moving the needle for endemic and non-endemic brands alike.
Finding Your Funding
State of the Union: League of Legends
The Pitch: Great PR in Esports
We’ll examine the communication commandments that ALL brands should keep in mind when planning a campaign – and take a look at some case studies that illustrate what and what not to do.
The Stealth Opportunity of Licensing Deals
From Athlete to Entrepreneur: How Sports Figures Play a Role in Startups that Change the World
Lessons in Authenticity: Tips for Engaging Esports Fans
We’ll give you insight into seven best known methods for producing esports events that will excite and engage the esports fan. And we’ll look at some of what has worked and what hasn’t as brands approach this new audience demographic.
Walk away with a deeper understanding of this demographic from some of the most seasoned experts in working with and talking to the esport fan.
Mobile Esports Strategies
Smart Streaming and Content Strategies
Uncovering the Value in Esports
Learn the trends emerging in esports sponsorships and activations, and see best practices throughout the global esports landscape. Also, find out key takeaways from a new research report on esports fan attitudes and behaviors, including: sponsorship receptiveness, media consumption habits, traditional sports fandom and attitudes towards gambling/betting.
The Beta Tank
Must be a registered attendee to enter. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Wednesday | October 3
Keynote: Unleashing the Next Billion Esports Fans
Case Study: Amazon Prime + Twitch ‘Battlecars Live’
How To Budget For Your Esports Activation
Sports Authority: Lessons Learned from the Sports/Esports Connection
Data-Driven Esports Marketing
Diversity in the Esports Industry
Esports News: Content that Connects (and Enrages)
The Essentials of Building Smart Team Sponsorships
- Take a tour of some real-world examples to see which team deals are working, which aren’t and what pitfalls to avoid when seeking your own sponsorship deal.
- Learn the pros and cons of getting into esports via team deals versus tournaments.
- Hear some of the most effective tactics for structuring a team partnership and understand the impact of franchising on team deal structures.
Networking Lunch & General Session | Success in Esports: Growing Alongside Your Partners
Speed Briefing: Capturing Esports Audiences Through Traditional Sports Experiences
Speed Briefing: Investing in Esports
Blood, Sweat, and Tears: A Tale of VR Esports
How to Measure Your Esports Activation
- Learn how to separate fact from fiction when it comes to understanding esports fanbases and audience demographics—both domestic and international.
- Hear fresh research on the emotional drivers at play among fans, and how brands can use data to connect in authentic ways.
- Understand the various viewership metrics (peak concurrents, average concurrents) you can—and should—collect through your esports program, and how to compare traditional sports measurement to esports measurement practices.
- Walk away smarter about how to use sponsorship valuations, brand exposure analysis and social listening data to optimize your ROI.
The New Team Dynamic
Sponsor Spotlight: Quicken Loans & 100 Thieves
Streamers & the New Celebrity Culture
You have selected: