ESPORTS BUSINESS SUMMIT ROARED INTO VEGAS WITH A SPECTACULAR LAUNCH
Over 800 attendees from across the entire esports ecosystem, including brands, professional sports leagues and teams, esports celebrities, universities, media, tech firms, venues, agencies and investment firms gathered in Las Vegas October 1-3, to network, and discuss business strategies for achieving success of the esports industry. Over 50 sessions were delivered by speakers from organizations such as 100 Thieves, Activision Blizzard, ESL, HP, Intel, K-Swiss, Overwatch League, Twitch and Twitter (just to name a few.)
Another highlight of EBS was the inaugural Tempest Esports Business Awards gala, held at Esports Arena Las Vegas at Luxor. The gala drew over 200 industry trailblazers. Winners were selected by a group of industry experts and Cynopsis and Event Marketer editors and announced live on stage by presenters including:
- Richard Lewis, Director of Talent, ESP Gaming
- Chris Puckett, Desk Host of Overwatch League
- Doug “Censor” Martin, Professional Call of Duty Player
- Sheila “Pterodactyl” Weidman, Streamer & Content Director, OpTic Gaming
- Michele Morrow, Host/Producer, ELEAGUE
- Christopher “Monte Cristo” Mykles, Analyst, Overwatch League
The event also saw Hector Rodriguez, CEO of OpTic Gaming; and Kevin Lin, Co-Founder of Twitch inducted into the Tempest Esports Hall of Fame. The full Tempest Awards winners list can be viewed here.
Registration for the 2019 Esports Business Summit is now open. Dates will be posted soon—but early registration is recommended. See you in 2019!